I have a bunch of friends who would shudder at the thought of a tofu burger of any kind (>_>), but it doesn't taste bad at all! Not only does it not taste bad, but it's really easy, quick, and simple to make as well! Don't knock it til you've tried it!
Anywho, the recipe for the patties are below, but be creative and do whatever you want with them when you're done. I've eaten them like a burger, in a pita pocket, broken it down for other recipes, or just plain by itself with a side of salad; you're only limited to what you come up with, right?
- 1 (12.3oz) box Mori-Nu Silken Lite Tofu, Firm
- 4oz. ground turkey breast (optional, if you're vegetarian/vegan)
- 1/2 C panko crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Mix with your hands, squeezing and breaking up the tofu and turkey, until everything is evenly mixed together.
- Divide mix and use hands to shape into 5 patties.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray and cook patties until browned, approx. 3 minutes per side. Cooking time varies depending on your stove/chosen frying pan.