The original recipe is fairly simple and straight forward, but for the sake of my health, I substituted a few of the ingredients. For example, I thus far haven't found any box of Nilla wafers that I'm willing to eat, so I used fat-free graham crackers instead. Also, the recipe called for whole milk yogurt...what?! WHOLE MILK yogurt?! Who does that anymore anyways? So I definitely replaced that with greek yogurt (in my case, Fage 0% (fat-free) plain). I considered using stevia instead of the honey, but I ended up going with agave instead because I didn't want to change the consistency of the pops. BUT, if someone out there decides to use a granular stevia instead, let me know how it turns out! (^_^)
Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles
- 2 C fresh strawberries, washed & hulled
- 1/2 C crushed low-fat/fat-free graham crackers (or Nilla Wafers)
- 2 C plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 1/3 C honey/agave/sweetener of choice
You'll also need:
- 12 6oz. Dixie cups (I sadly could only find larger ones that I'm now stuck with...hopefully you have better luck)
- 12 popsicle sticks
- In medium sized bowl, mix graham crackers, honey, and yogurt.
- Fill each Dixie cup with only 2 tbsp of yogurt mix. Let them set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Puree strawberries in a blender/food processor. Divide the puree evenly amongst all Dixie cups and freeze another 30 minutes.
- Divide remaining yogurt mix among the cups and add a popsicle stick to the center of each one. Freeze completely, several hours or more.
- Cut or tear off the Dixie cups before serving.
(Original recipe can be found here)