I originally found the recipe for these protein packed pancakes on Instagram, but I can't for the life of me remember who I got it from! That being said, I'm just gonna throw out a big thank you into the air for whoever it was. Whenever I buy spinach these days, I always have to make these at least once! This is also usually the recipe I use when the spinach is just starting to wilt/die in the fridge since it has to be blended anyways.
Spinach Protein Pancakes (w/ Blueberry Compote)
Makes 4 pancakes (5"-6" diameter)
- 2-2 1/12 C baby spinach
- 6 tbsp liquid egg white (or 2 egg whites)
- 1/2 C old fashioned oats (or oat flour)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 4 packets stevia (or 2 tsp sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 C fat-free plain greek yogurt (or cottage cheese) + additional for topping
- Blueberry Compote (recipe below)
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. Oats and spinach should both be well broken down. If you have a Magic Bullet or a small capacity blender like me, you'll have to make half the recipe at a time.
- Heat frying pan or griddle to medium heat. Use cooking spray if you need it.
- Pour 5"-6" pancakes. Cook until edges appear cooked (dry), then flip. Cook each side approx. 2 minutes.
- Top with yogurt and pour blueberry compote over the top, or serve with whatever other toppings you like.
Blueberry Compote Topping