I used a popsicle mold that I bought from Bed, Bath & Beyond for about $7, but you don't have to run out and find/buy them if you don't think you'll use it. Any old paper cup and some popsicles sticks will work just as well...but I gotta say I enjoy having real molds. ^_^ This time around, I made peppermint flavored fudgsicles by using peppermint stevia, but you can always mix it up however you like!
- 3-4 scoops chocolate protein powder (casein, whey, or a mix of both)
- 1 1/3 C water
- Optional: 15 drops liquid stevia (or 2 servings sweetener of choice)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp flavored extract
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender bottle (or by hand with a whisk). Try to get the lumps out, but having a few won't matter too much for the end result.
- Divide evenly into 4 popsicle molds (or into 6oz. Dixie cups. If using Dixie cups, freeze about 30-45 minutes before adding popsicle sticks).
- Freeze 2-3 hours or until fully set before eating. Let mold sit at room temperature about 5 minutes for easier removal from mold. (If using Dixie cups, cut/tear off cups before eating).
Note: I used peppermint flavored liquid stevia, so if you're planning on adding both a sweetener and a flavoring extract, why not skip the double work and just use a flavored sweetener!