Anywho, while my lil laptop was out of commission, the weather here in Hawaii has started transitioning from winter rainy season to sunny skies!! LOVE the weather shift because I dislike cold, windy, rainy days, and also because I love frozen goodies like the one in the picture: Banana Split Protein FroYo Popsicles! I love the strawverry, banana, and chocolate flavors all swirling around together, YUUUUM!!! XD
Banana Split Protein FroYo Popsicles
- 2/3 C non-fat greek yogurt
- 30 drops liquid vanilla stevia (or 1/5 tsp vanilla extract + 2 tbsp sweetener of choice)
- 3-3.5 oz. strawberries*
- 1 scoop banana protein powder
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup (I used Walden Farms)
- Blend everything except the chocolate syrup together, preferably using a hand/emulsion blender if you've got one. Blend to desired consistency; I enjoy chucks of strawberries to remain in my mix for added texture.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the top of the mixture. Using a spoon, stir the chocolate into the mixture using a circular motion, going full circle no more than 2 or 3 times (or else the chocolate will fully mix instead of creating the marbled effect).
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, dividing as evenly as possible (or into three Dixie cups and add a popsicle stick). Freeze for at least 3 hours or until popsicles are fully set before serving.
*Note: You can use both fresh strawberries and banana, or both strawberry protein powder and banana protein powder, or a reverse combination of strawberry protein powder and fresh banana; it's really up to you, what you have available, and what kind of macros you're trying to fulfill.