I only tweaked the recipe a little. For example, had to go and buy carrot juice because I don't own a juicer. However, I hear that if you steam the hell out of a carrot that it'll be soft enough to blend...if you want to go that route...I was too lazy, haha. I also used fresh ginger because I think you get more of that kick that ginger gives, as well as the inherent detoxing properties.
Carrot Cake Protein Shake
- 1/4 C carrot juice (I bought the juice, but if you have a juicer, you just need one carrot)
- 1 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop cinnamon swirl protein powder (or vanilla protein powder)
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Small piece of fresh ginger (or a pinch of ground ginger)
- Throw everything in a blender, and blend it until smooth.
Note: If you're making this ahead of time, don't blend the ice in until you're ready to drink/serve it.