The Journey Began...
When I was growing up surrounded by all the amazing international, local, and fusion foods, I ate whatever I thought made me happy without ever taking into consideration the effect it was having on my self-image. When I moved home after college, I was at the heaviest I'd ever been in my life, physically weak, had low self-esteem, a poor self-image and I personally think I was on the edge of developing an eating disorder. I finally decided how sick I was of feeling inadequate and unattractive, so I mustered up some determination and began to change my life to try to become a better me, for my health and for my own happiness.
Goals For My Food Future
Realistically, I'm not trying to be a body builder or turn into a model or any sort of extreme like that. All I'm trying to do is take care of myself, my body, and those I share my food with so that we can all live healthy lives with hopefully long futures. That being said, I have a short list of seemingly cliche goals, but they're my goals nonetheless (and in no particular order).
- Eat foods/meals that are good for me and my body.
- Find healthy ways to eat normally unhealthy foods (this of course includes desserts).
- Try and keep my "cheat meals" to a minimum while still being able to enjoy all the food that life and the rest of the world has to offer me.
- Make good decisions when dining out/at other people's houses/at parties/etc. so that I don't feel disgusting when I walk out the door.
- Plan my meal/day/week out better so I'm not scrounging my kitchen at meal times for healthy food to stuff in my face.
Social Media Addict
I have an account for lots of things, so come find me and talk with me!